Any type of property investment, whether it is commercial, residential or agricultural, can be considered as a good investment. But if you are after a high return on investment and fast revenue, then an investment in commercial real estate is more financially rewarding. Residential properties also offer financial opportunities through rental or resale, but the revenue generated from these may come in slowly.
The commercial real estate might be the better choice as opposed to residential real estate. Commercial properties include retail, office, warehouses, industrial and apartment buildings. Before you take the plunge, however, it’s important that you understand the benefits that come with this type of investment.
1. Income potential – Commercial real estate investment yield high income in a shorter time. Its income potential is between 6 to 12 percent of the purchase price.
2. Loyal customers – Retail tenants that have found a good commercial location intend to maintain their profit performance by staying in the same location. This way, you are guaranteed of a loyal client that will bring profit to you.
3. Limited hours of operations – Commercial centres have fixed operating period, so you will have enough time to manage the business and enjoy your personal time.
4. Establish professional relationships – Commercial properties are usually owned and managed by corporations and they deal with business owners and corporations most of the time as well. Thus, it is good if you can establish a professional relationship with such companies.
5. Gain more objective price assessment – Since commercial tenants are business owners, you have a more objective assessment of how you are going to decide on rental fees and the succeeding increase based on their financial statement. Arrangements are easier to accomplish.
Of course, these are only among the advantages this kind of investment has to offer. Having all these in mind, it is easier to discern whether getting into a commercial real estate investment is something you can already handle and manage.