You’re completely satisfied with your fast-running drains and would be happy not to deal with clogs in the future, but what should you do to maintain it? There’s no better solution than to keep clogs and blocks from forming in your system. To help you do that, here are some quick and easy hacks to keep things running:
- Inspect your plumbing system regularly. As a preventative measure, hire a plumber once every six months to check your system for any issue.
- When cleaning your drains and sinks, avoid pouring chemical-based cleaners because it may corrode or damage your pipes.
- If the clog and blockage are too stubborn, All Hours Plumbing and other experts recommend requesting for a drain cleaning service.
- Install strainers or screens in your drains for added protection. Collect and catch any substance that may cause blockage right before it hit your system.
For The Kitchen Sink:
- Don’t let leftover foods go down your drain. Install drain strainer in your sink to keep them out of the way.
- Cooking grease and oil must be thrown out directly to the trash. These substances can stick to the inside of your system which may lead to clogs and blocks.
- Pour hot boiling water in your sink to clear and melt away any blockage in your drain. You may also use vinegar and baking soda solution, but do it before pouring hot water.
For The Bathroom:
- Clean your drain stoppers regularly. Soap scum, hair, and other accumulated dirt can collect on your sink and tub drains.
- Never flush items that do not dissolve or break apart in water, such as dental floss, paper towel and tissue, and female hygiene products.
Remember to keep these things in mind to enjoy a properly working drains and pipes that can serve you for years to come.